SafeStor Enterprise Fully Unified Availability Solution at a Glance .
Compelling Reasons for Consideration
- Managed Services key in on ensuring solution effectiveness road-mapping unified solution that aligns with business requirements setting the stage for future growth and efficiencies.
- Combines Commvault Modern Data Management software with flexible SafeHostDR managed services to provide custom-tailored, holistic computing-environment availability of apps hosted in off-site, secure,Tier-3+data centers having SSAE 16 50C2 Type II certification.
- Drives IT costs down through precise planning, better resource utilization and careful alignment of advanced technology with specific RPO/RTO.
- Pay-as-you-grow and pay-as-you-use-resource scalability plus capacity licensing make solution entry easy and ease TCO.
- Single Platform Management Console enables easy, centralized data management— backups, recovery, restoration, archiving, access, sharing, searches— across all cot-net-sand endpoints of interconnected enterprise.
- IntelliSnap smart functionality enables application-aware, near-instant snapshot backups for virtualized-server data protection in the cloud via image-level, file-level, volume-level incremental delta-block image.
- Single, enterprise-integrated data collection for transfer of all designated data to select media is achieved via OnePass technology.
- De-duplication, compression and advanced encryption promote efficient and highly secure data transmission.
- Daily updates on data-capacity usage, threshold warnings and trending.
- Granular object-level recovery enables pin-point precision in data management.
- ContentStore repository automates data access for compliance, DR, business intelligence, eDiscovery or data sharing from anywhere.
- Multi-platform compatibility consolidates enterprise continuity scope.
- 24/7 hotline support services aid in recovery and restoration processes.
- Solution delivered compliance-enable to reduce business complexity.
- Life-Cycle management professionals stay engaged throughout the solution lifecycle.
Compelling Reasons for Consideration
SafeStor Enterprise® — Modern Data Protection and Systems Availability Powered by Commvault® Featuring Industry-Leading Managed Services
- Single Platform Management Console Simplifies Data Management
- Lock-Sure Data Protection with Full-Environment Recovery or Granular Recovery
- Easy Entry with Pay-as-You-Grow Options and Capacity Licensing
- Fully Unified Solution Scaled to Meet Systems-Recovery Needs
- Top-Tier Managed Services Leverage Advanced Cloud/Virtualized Technology
Not long ago, before the epiphany of cloud computing, stunning advancements in application functionality and the cost efficiencies of managed services, you may have been compelled to emphasize either data protection or systems availability. What constituted risky exposure — the potential loss of important data or the interruption of application continuity? Businesses looked at the question from various perspectives; yet the TCO of top-tier data protection and systems availability could not be overlooked, despite the potential damage associated with unrecoverable data or operations downtime.
Now, however, with SafeStor Enterprise, coupled with SafeHost DR®, UbiStor has broken down the barriers of cost and complexity so that any enterprise, large or small, can achieve a level of modern data protection and systems resiliency that represents true state-of-the-art disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity (BC). Leveraging the feature-rich technology of Commvault backup-and-recovery software, in concert with UbiStor’s expertise in deploying custom-tailored, rapidly recoverable virtualized systems in the cloud, the SafeStor Enterprise solution is lock-sure effective and reliable.
Commvault: A Breakthrough in Modern Data Management
Make no mistake about it — overall better data management can make your
- Elevated Security
- Better Recoverability/Restorability
- Efficient, Tighter Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective
- Local and remote recovery with tiered RTO
- Lower Storage Costs
- Increased Application Productivity
- Fast Information Access for Profit
- Advanced Compliance Conditioning
Even if you acknowledge the aforementioned benefits, you still must confront the challenge of making sure data-retention protocol and data-recovery objectives are aligned with everyday end-user requirements, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), basic compliance points and various proprietary issues. And you must meet this challenge without compromising ROI while the countervailing forces of compounding data growth, rapidly evolving technology and the geographical dispersion of thin-client devices redefine complexity and stress.
Automated Reports, Alternate-Node Resume, ContentStore Convenience SafeStor Enterprise leverages the power of Commvault to take modern data management to worry-free, proactive levels. Through the management console, Commvault provides fast report-back information that confirms all data-protection, movement and storage activities throughout the domain of your computing environment. Moreover, daily updates on capacity usage, threshold warnings and trending afford transparency that helps circumvent problems. And, in the event of a backup node failure, backup-and-recovery activities are automatically resumed on alternate nodes to guarantee job completion.
Take Charge with Management Console UbiStor’s SafeStor Enterprise reduces complexity and mitigates stress through the automated power of Commvault, a foundation for fully unified and efficient modern data management. Using a convenient, policy-driven, browser-based Single Platform Management Console, you can manage data — backups, recovery, restoration, archiving, access, sharing, searches — across all corners and endpoints of your interconnected enterprise. Commvault delivers lock-sure data protection and sophisticated data-retention capabilities.
Perfect for organizations working with multiple terabytes of data, easy-to-install Commvault can handle from one to thousands of servers deployed across a heterogeneous topology. It is compatible with a broad range of databases and ERP systems. Commvault’s automated power and efficiency are best harnessed through disk-to-disk backup to offsite storage, rendering manual tape-backup regimens obsolete and giving your IT staff the opportunity to dig into revenue-growth initiatives.
Smart Functionality with IntelliSnapTM
Residing within Commvault’s management console, the robust functionality of IntelliSnap enables you to configure application-aware, near-instant snapshot backups for virtualized-server data protection in the cloud via image-level, file-level, volume-level or incremental delta-block image. Commvault securely supercharges data backups/protection, as well as archiving, reporting and ultimately the recovery-and-restore process, through OnePassTM technology, a single, enterprise-integrated data collection that transfers all console-designated data to select media. There are no separate passes on data stores. OnePass efficiency is augmented by source-side de-duplication, ensuring only unique data blocks are transferred over your network. Compression maximizes bandwidth. And ultimate security is assured with advanced encryption.
No other software can surpass the speed and efficiency of Commvault’s enterprise-wide data recovery/access when unplanned downtime strikes and a defined RPO is put to the test, but your system administrators will be pleased to know that IntelliSnap also enables granular, object-level recovery with easy, point-and-click browse and selection. This important granular functionality is realized through the integration of Commvault’s Intelligent DataAgents (iDAs) with your individual application program interfaces (APIs). This same kind of iDA empowerment helps facilitate finite protection and granular recovery of individual email messages, mailboxes and entire email databases.
Automated Reports, Alternate-Node Resume, ContentStore Convenience SafeStor Enterprise leverages the power of Commvault to take modern data management to worry-free, proactive levels. Through the management console, Commvault provides report-back information that confirms all data-protection, movement and storage activities throughout the domain of your computing environment. Moreover, daily updates on capacity usage, threshold warnings and trending afford transparency that helps circumvent problems. And, in the event of a backup node failure, backup-and-recovery activities are automatically resumed on alternate nodes to guarantee job completion.
Another extension of Commvault’s management console, the ContentStore is a convenient, interconnected virtual repository of all enterprise data. You get the data you need at the ContentStore — for compliance, DR, business intelligence, eDiscovery or data sharing from anywhere. You set the policies and the ContentStore smartly automates the process. Secure, de-duplicated and application-aware, the ContentStore is amazingly scalable.
Managed Services and a Fully Unified Solution
The highest level of data protection and data recoverability, assured by Commvault, is fundamental to the welfare of your business, but implementing systems redundancy focused on applications availability is something else. It means you’ve taken the important step towards 24/7 operations continuity. If downtime is cost-prohibitive, if both data availability and applications availability are mission-critical to your business, then UbiStor can leverage its exceptional, industry-leading managed services to tailor a Fully Unified SafeStor Enterprise Solution that incorporates the transforming power of SafeHost DR. UbiStor can help balance your data-centric RPO with a limited/no-risk applications-centric RTO.
UbiStor can roadmap a customized plan that strives to lower IT cost while elevating opportunities to better manage data and applications. At the heart of every plan is stronger alignment of IT with business goals. To help direct decision-making towards predictable OpEx modeling, the solution features pay-as-you-grow and pay-as-you-use-resources scalability plus capacity licensing that ease entry into advanced technology. Each Fully Unified SafeStor Enterprise Solution plan centers on balancing your data and systems/apps availability requirements against a higher-up concern on how, and how fast, those requirements may evolve as your business scales up and out. Furthermore, turnkey services, such as remote/onsite support and proactive monitoring, are built into the plan.
With UbiStor, you can choose among different, incrementally robust options in deploying and maintaining redundant systems on multi-tenant, secure, private-cloud/virtualized infrastructure. Each option affords a different “failover” (speed-of-systems recovery/access) level to match the RTO and budgets of varying enterprises. Full recovery/access embraces systems/apps, data and networks. A Fully Unified SafeStor Enterprise Solution may embrace redundancy of only a few severs on which critical applications, such as Microsoft Exchange email services, are hosted. Or, perhaps, your needs require end-to-end enterprise systems redundancy, assuring seamless access to all applications in the event of unplanned downtime or when upgrades/maintenance to front-end production necessitate switchover to mirrored systems in the cloud.
In a Fully Unified SafeStor Enterprise Solution deployment, all redundant systems are hosted off-site in professionally staffed, highly secure, Tier-3+ data centers having SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type II certification. UbiStor’s procedures-and-controls certification, in concert with the company’s appreciable compliance knowledge and management capabilities, means your compliance, requirements and regulatory headaches can be minimized. UbiStor’s solutions are delivered compliance-enabled from the start.