As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic Support Team, focusing in on developing solutions and solving problems that drive the success of UbiStor. You must be innovative and able to lead cross-functional activities such as design, planning, implementation, documentation and support. The Senior Network Engineer will serve as a subject-matter expert for internal and external upgrades, maintaining existing platforms, as well as proposing any new platforms to be deployed.
You may lead projects for supporting network upgrades, resolution of complex network troubleshooting and interacting with the Support team as operational issues are addressed. In addition, you will be part of a team that is responsible for network maintenance, repair, planning and design, and ensuring optimal network performance and reliability. You will need in-depth knowledge of networking which may include configuring, upgrading and maintaining Cisco firewalls, switches and routers.
Although we are looking for a Senior Network Engineer, general knowledge of Windows, Linux, VMWare, SAN and backup and recovery technology will be necessary when troubleshooting network issues. In-depth knowledge in these areas is a plus. This position also performs on-call responsibilities to support customers outside of normal hours.
- Design, set up, and configure all types of networking and server equipment. This could be physical or public/private cloud environments.
- Troubleshoot and repair networking, server, and VMWare connectivity, performance, software, and hardware related issues.
- Analyze data protection software failures and repair functionality.
- Inherent to the support function is the accurate and timely reporting and tracking of all time worked. All work performed must be allocated to the appropriate ticket and all repair and documentation processes must be practiced
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field or a minimum (6) years experience working in an IT-related field or position.
- Certifications: CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, VCA, VCP, MCSE or comparable experience.
- Systems experience: Cisco Systems, Windows, UNIX, Linux.
- Networking experience: Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Team participation and building skills.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- This position will be required to be on-call 24/7 as scheduled. This position will be required to occasionally travel locally and, rarely, overnight travel may be required. Must have a vehicle.