Has your organization ever considered managed hosting? If so, you are not alone. According to Markets and Markets, the managed hosting market was worth $145.33 billion in 2016 and could eventually expand to $242.5 billion by 2021, which would represent a compound annual growth rate of more than 10 percent.
What are the benefits of managed hosting?
For many companies, managed hosting provides fundamental advantages over in-house oversight of IT infrastructures, including:
- Cost effectiveness: Instead of investing heavily in upfront purchases of hardware and software, you pay an ongoing rate based on the assets that you lease from the service provider. You swap CAPEX for OPEX and likely save money along the way.
- Centralization: Your access to managed services puts everything in one place, which is a huge upgrade from having to wrangle multiple disparate IT systems that may not be compatible with each other. Your provider oversees everything.
- Service-level agreements: Supporting your own IT infrastructures is time-consuming and expensive, especially when you encounter a major incident that leads to downtime. The SLAs that govern managed hosting solutions provide protection in the form of around-the-clock technical support from professional technicians.
- High availability: Having adequate backup and failover capacities is essential for maintaining highly available, mission-critical systems. Tapping into them is much easier with managed hosting, since resources are regularly monitored and adequately scalable.
- Operating system support: Does your organization use a combination of Linux-based and Microsoft Windows environments? Managed hosting offers support for all of these OSes, thus simplifying what would otherwise be a complicated interoperability juggling act.
As customer, you also get the benefit of being able to access your managed hosting plan through a streamlined web portal. The combination of an intuitive interface backed by dedicated and dependable IT resources means that you get the best of both worlds: ease of use on the surface, backed with technical sophistication underneath.
"Managed hosting combines an intuitive interface with dedicated and dependable IT resources."
Accordingly, managed hosting is an excellent option for supporting even your most demanding applications. Load balancing, virtual backups and disaster recovery needs can all be covered by an effective managed hosting solution.
UbiStor offers a range of hosting solutions, including managed hosting and virtual hosting. We will work closely with you to set up something that is conducive to your particular situation and meets all of your specific requirements. Learn more on our main SafeHost page.